Most of us believe that in order to lose weight or simply be happy, we must completely change our diet and eat foods that have no taste or satisfaction. What most of us don’t know is that we can continue eating foods that we enjoy and reap the benefits from consuming them. Shaving off a minimal amount of calories daily while still continuing your daily physical activity will give you a better energy balance between calories taken in and calories burned off. Following some of these simple tips will allow you to cut calories out of your daily diet.
- Replace chips with vegetables and low fat dip
- Eat lean meats. Make sure all fat is trimmed off and the skin is removed.
- Use non-fat milk when cooking or use it in your coffee instead of whole or 2% milk.
- Choose smaller plates, cups, and bowls when you eat. This will allow your food to take up more space on the plate and trick your mind into thinking you are eating more than you actually are.
- Don’t snack on things from the box. When doing this, you are more likely to keep eating. Take a serving size amount and eat that away from the box to avoid temptation.
- Choose water over sugar sweetened beverages. These beverages contain useless calories that can be avoided by consuming water. If you get bored with just plain water, add fresh fruit to it to give it some natural flavor.
- Take your time eating. This will give your body time to enjoy your meal and let you know that you are full.
These simple strategies have worked for me and I know they can work for you and for anyone. Making small changes can lead to big results.