We need water!
Water makes up 60-70% of our bodies. We can live a month without food, but wouldn’t last past a week without consuming water. It only makes sense that it is the most important thing we put in our bodies. The recommended amount of water we should strive to drink daily is 8 cups a day, or roughly 64 ounces. This may seem like a lot but in reality we are consuming water in the foods we eat, not just from drinking it. We get so many benefits from consuming the recommended amount of water. Some of these include:
- Help maintain a healthy body weight by regulating your metabolism and appetite. A lot of times people confuse hunger and thirst. Drinking water all day helps you to distinguish between the two.
- Water gets rid of the waste in our bodies and helps us digest the foods we consume.
- The nutrients we place in our body are able to travel to all necessary parts of our body due to water.
- Water keeps us energized. When we are dehydrated we tend to feel more tired and sluggish.
- Water is the best thing for our skin. It replenishes the dead cells and is where we get a “natural glow.”
Some useful tips for incorporating more water into your day:
- Carry a reusable water bottle around with you daily.
- Make it a goal to drink a certain amount of bottles and glasses per day.
- Add lemon, grapefruit, or other citruses to water to add flavor to your water.
- Consume fruits and vegetables regularly. They contain adequate amounts of water.
For more water facts, visit http://www.allaboutwater.org/.